I believe everyone has a longing for 'home' instilled in them the moment of birth. A yearning for belonging, love, comfort, rest, and a soft place to fall. I think this goes along with the longing for eternity that is in our hearts - to be in the presence of God, as part of His family, surrounded fully and completely by love and peace. I write this as my newest little one settles in for the night, and as I long to be with my oldest daughter and my parents and friends in Missouri. God has blessed me so richly with an earthly family whom I love fiercely, amazingly, and completely, and who love me right back. This family of mine is absolutely inclusive of my friends, many that I would readily call 'sister' and 'brother', they are so dear to my heart. The joy I have deep in my soul thinking about the reunion that will take place next week on this plane is overwhelming... how amazing to think that our ultimate homegoing will be that much more wonderful, peaceful, joyful, and awe inspiring. When we see our heavenly Father and join with all of our brothers and sisters of the faith from every walk of life, every corner of the world. Wow. Until then, I hold in my heart the promise of hugs, kisses, and joyful tears to be back with the ones I love right here on our little speck of the universe, in this time, for this moment. Love to all, and many, many blessings to you this Christmas season.
We are looking forward to your homecoming! Can't wait to see you all together. Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDelete