Friday, December 17, 2010

Delays...

Okay, so we don't get to bring Anya with us today. The paperwork took longer to submit than expected, and the orphanage director is out for the weekend. So it will be Monday... if nothing else changes. It may just be the American in me, or the Momma in me, I don't know - I just want accurate, honest information. We didn't even know that it might not happen today until yesterday, late morning. Almost two years of waiting for this day, for today. I know I sound a little whiny, but I just want her in my arms, to be here with us, when she wakes up and when she goes to sleep. When she laughs and when she cries. It's just a few more days, I know that intellectually. In this Momma's heart, however, it feels like an eternity. At this point, you would think we'd know how to wait!! We're trying... looking at maps of Moscow, figuring out where to venture out tomorrow and Sunday. I fasted and prayed from Wednesday night to last night - that may be exactly what's holding me together right now. I know that God has this in hand, saw this coming already, and has made provisions. He will hold Anya tight for us, and heal her in a relatively isolated environment. Who knows? Maybe that's why the delay. Maybe just enough time to strengthen her immune system again before everything in her little world changes. Maybe to teach us another lesson in walking in faith (I'm trying to learn it, Lord, I promise I am). Love to all, and blessings this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment