Thursday, April 15, 2010

Suspension of Adoptions

Well, Russia ruled today to suspend all adoptions to U.S. families until an agreement can be reached. We visited our adoption agency yesterday while we were in St. Louis, and found out that Russia has an agreement with all other countries that gives the Russian government the ability to monitor the children that were adopted at any time, and take action as needed. As you can imagine, this in not something the US has been interested in doing, as our government is set up in such a different way (federal and state laws, etc.). It will be interesting to see the solution that comes about from all of this.

On a personal level, this is just frustrating and disheartening. The blessing is that we were not yet matched with a child. The hard part is that this is yet another delay. I know this is all in God's hands - but a neon sign would be appreciated! I think I'm okay, and then my eyes start leaking... any of you who have been in this process, I know you can relate. Just keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this news. I know this is so hard! Adoption is truly a rollercoaster. We're praying this suspension is short and you will be matched very soon.
    ~hugs~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete