Thursday, October 7, 2010

Questions, Questions, Questions

Okay, so I'm doing less well than I appear with this whole waiting thing. It's just hard. Also a little weary of answering questions like 'why international adoption instead of domestic' and 'why Russia' and 'why does it take so long' and 'how much did it cost' (that one really gets me...). It just feels like having to justify why we've chosen what we've chosen. The harder ones are 'Didn't it break your heart to leave her?' (yes, yes it did) 'Doesn't it feel like forever until you can go back?' (yes, yes it does) 'Don't you worry that something can happen between now and then?' (all the time) 'Do you miss her?' (more than you could ever understand). Trying not to fall apart because I just don't have the time to right now. (I can maybe pencil in a nervous breakdown later on in the week...) I know that all of you adoptive Mommas out there have been through this, and can relate. Seeing your beautiful families together gives me the hope and strength for this 'in between' time. Continue to pray for health and safety for Anya, for peace in our hearts, for miraculous speed with the paperwork and court date. Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Don't ya just love all those questions?! I think at a certain point we just started going with the standard "adoption is a personal decision that each family has to make, we went with what felt right to us" ... then depending on who it was and how they were asking (i.e., nosey/pushy lady at Target), I might add "and where did you say you were adopting from". lol

    We are praying for you all during this time of waiting ... praying for little Anya too.

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete