Thursday, June 17, 2010

No news yet...

Okay, so I'm pretty sure this doesn't get easier, this whole waiting bit. In fact, I'm fairly certain that it... well... blows sometimes. I was emailing a friend that is waiting for news re: a court date - I suggested a 'Waiting Sucks' party in honor of our present state. Don't you wish God would just send a neon sign, express-shipped to your door, with a day, a date, and a time that 'it' would happen? (Of course, would I still wonder if it was accurate?) This cultivating patience exercise is hard... and He knows that. He knows exactly where my heart is (and where the majority of my mind seems to be as well). I keep trying to picture down the road a year, when all of this will be a distant memory, and the day-to-day is just that... the day-to-day with our new little one integrated into our family. When we ask for a 'table for four' instead of one for three. When she can clap to 'Jesus Loves Me' or 'Sweet Home Up in Heaven' from the praise band at church. When the waiting will have been sooooo worth it. And I know it will be... intellectually. My heart just knows it's longing for my new daughter. Prayers for all and love to all. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment